Frozen homemade dough - Click here for the old blog post with the recipe. Takes about 1 hour to thaw.
Baked at 425, w/homemade pesto, mushrooms, onions, and goat cheese… YUM!
1. Dice red bell peppers, spinach, basil, rosemary, broccoli, tomatoes
2. Mix in a bowl and season with mustard seeds, granulated garlic, salt & pepper
3. In a food processor grind walnuts, oregano & granulated garlic until it resembles parmesan cheese.
4. Toast pita’s then top with veggie mixture.
5. Sprinkle Nutty Chz on top, and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic reduction.
6. Bake pita pizza at 350F for 6-7 minutes.
7. Cut in four pieces and ENJOY!
I ate mine accompanied by a cup of black bean soup. It was divine :)
I am kicking myself for not taking a picture, but trust me - it looked beautiful.
For dough, I always use my sisters recipe - quick, easy, and works perfect for pizza dough.
For sauce, I went quick and easy and used a can of tomato puree, a can of crushed tomatoes, a little olive oil, a lot of garlic, oregano, basil, and salt/pepper. I let it simmer on the stove for about 20 minutes, so it could all work together. I caramelized the onions at the same time - they taste so great this way with the goat cheese!
Work out the dough into a pizza shape, toss on the sauce (the extra freezes so well!), top your pizza and put in the oven for about 20-25 minutes at 350. So delicious!