I love my curls, but usually they are a bit unmanageable. Today I whipped together a simple hair mask - to offer some necessary hydration.
- 3 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons of Honey
- 1 tea bag of chamomile (just cut it open & use the insides)
I heated it up in the microwave for 1 minute and then massaged it all through my hair. Then I threw it up in a shower cap and went on with my chill night at home. Leave it in for about an hour and then jump in the shower.
Most people choose to use shampoo to wash this out and say it takes 2 good washings. I am anti-shampoo (especially for people with curly hair), so getting rid of the smell was a little bit more difficult - but after a good rinse, my normal conditioning routine, and some sprays of lavender water, the smell was back to normal.
Okay, curly hair girls and not - What natural remedies work for you?
Cristi & Kerri are most definitely the cooks of this blog, but every once in a while I turn on my domestic charm and throw some things together. The dish of the day was a refreshing summer salad, with some fresh tomato & basil from my patio garden. I didn’t measure anything, but I will do my best to let you know how much of everything I put in there.
- 5 medium sized tomatoes cut in whatever size you prefer
- A handful of fresh basil ripped up into some smaller piece
- 1/4 of a medium red onion
- 1-2 Tablespoons of both Balsamic Vinegar and Olive Oil
- Optional: Crumbled up feta cheese
Mix it all together and let it still in the fridge so the juices can blend and it can be served cold. The colors are the best part of this dish, so enjoy!